- 1/8 cup cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped seeded jalapeno chiles
(about 4 large)
- 5 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 large bunches cilantro with stems
- ½ cup tequila
- 3 pounds trimmed skirt steak, cut into six pieces
Saute cumin seeds in heavy medium skillet over medium-low heat
until lightly toasted, about 6 minutes. Transfer seeds to blender.
Add oil, lime juice, chiles, garlic and black pepper. Blend until
cumin is finely ground. Add cilantro and tequila. Puree until smooth.
Season with salt. Pour marinade into large glass baking dish. Add
steaks; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally,
at least 6 hours and up to 1 day. Prepare barbecue to medium-high
heat. Remove steaks from marinade. Grill steaks to desired doneness,
about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Submitted By: Lora