Dobie's Flax Muffins
- 1/2 cup flax seeds (grind in coffee mill) 4.921 carbs
- 1/4 cup protein powder (if using soy, check label) 0
- 2 TBL oil (use something healthy...I use grapeseed) 1/4
cup splenda (can substitute other sweetner, but splenda
is the best)
- 1 beaten egg .61 carbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp banana extract (or flavor of choice)
- 1/4 tsp salt substitute (gives added potassium)
- 1 oz chopped nuts (optional, if used, add carbs)
- 1/2 cup water
Mix the above, let sit for a few minutes to thicken if necessary.
Spoon into 6 non-stick (I spray with pam) muffin tins. Bake 25-30
minutes at 350 degrees. They are just under 1 carb each.
Submitted By: Dobie