Custom Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Powered by ® Forum Software © phpBB Group  
Everything Atkins  

• Search
  • Home
  • Atkins Phases
  • Atkins Sample Menus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Thursday 7-30-09
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:41 am 

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Went back to work and it went pretty well. I took some Indomethacin in the AM and again last night. It seems to have helped.

I made a salad of chopped Roma tomato, celery, cauliflower, avocado and a dressing made of toasted sesame oil and balsamic vinegar. I had feta cheese to sprinkle on it, but, when supper time came, I wasn't hungry for it, so I had a couple slices of deli turkey.

I had a higher fasting B S reading again today and it finally hit me, DUH! that it's probably because I have been having my Activia yogurt with some walnuts at night, before bed. Guess I better have it at supper time from now on.

I think I was back down in weight this morning and might even have one more pound off. We'll see Saturday.

Amanda, I hope you're enjoying your company. Are you still able to jog while you're tending to company? Hope you're having a great week.

How come the colors or nothing but the BOLD works on here???.....

beginning BMI = 44.3; current BMI = 42.9
HT; 5'3", Age; 65.
clothes SZ. = 22-24, 3X

Post subject: Friday, 7-31-09
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:59 am 

Yippee! I'm happy this morning! I weighed this morning and the scales said 242. That's 8 pounds off.
Fasting BS was 135.

How is everyone doing today? I haven't seen anyone on here for a few days. Hope you're all doing well.

I've been pretty inactive the past week with this gimpy knee, so now that it's starting to feel better I want to get out and do SOMEthing.

I had egg salad for breakfast this morning. I know it's not your typical "breakfast" food, but, I like it. Made it with regular mayo, a rib of celery, 2 eggs, and then a side of 1 chopped roma tomato and 1 ounce of Colbys cheese with a cup of coffee. I'm full and happy.
For supper I'm making a stir fry with chicken breast, bok choy, green beans, celery, and broccoli.

I want to take my bike (3-wheeler, trike) out for a ride but I always have intestinal issues after I eat, especially in the morning, so I'm going to have to wait till that dies down, at least a couple hours. So far, the Activia doesn't seem to be helping, but it's only been 6 days. Oh well, I've been like this for years, so a little longer wont matter.
More later, .........
[code][/code]

HT; 5'3", Age; 65.
clothes SZ. = 22-24, 3X

Post subject: Saturday 8-1-09
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:10 am 

Hello????? Anybody here anymore? :P
I hope you're all doing well. I'll keep the place going until y'all can get back to post. :wink: I know, ... life gets busy at times.

Well, things are looking good again this morning. My fasting BS was 126 this morning, so it's slowly going down. I'm hoping that eventually it will be below 100 in the morning. I have that "dawn phenomenon" and take Metformion ER for it, so if I can get all that glucogen out of my liver, maybe , maybe, ....

My official wt. loss as of this morning is 8 lbs. My BMI even went down a tad bit with that loss. Yaaaayyyy!!

I have to work 3 to 11 today and tomorrow, so there will be a lot of walking, besides the odd bending and lifting, and I'm hoping it will be enough exercise to keep the BS down.

I had sausage links for breakfast with a roma tomato and an oz. of colby cheese and a cup of coffee.

I have to go grocery shopping before I go to work so I better get moving. More later, .....

HT; 5'3", Age; 65.
clothes SZ. = 22-24, 3X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:21 pm 

I'm here now but not for long. We leave on vacation for a week tomorrow and I'm leaving the laptop behind. There isn't wireless internet where we're staying and with any luck I'll be too busy to surf the net anyway! I've been massively busy trying to get organized to go. My oldest son is moving away to go to school and I flew he and one of his brothers out early but I have to bring all the boxes he left behind when we drive tomorrow. Plus there are still 3 of us driving there tomorrow along with 2 small yorkies so there's a ton of stuff to get organized. We're staying at my mom's house and she lives on the Okanagan Lake in BC. Of course that means beach toys, towels, sunscreen, glasses, hats, etc. I'm packing for 5 people and my lists are out of control! LOL I know we'll have fun once we actually load up and get on the road, though. I'm really excited!

GREAT result with your loss, Burty! You're doing so well! Just imagine another few weeks of clean eating how well you'll feel. Everything is so tied to our weight, isn't it? I know when I lose even just 10 pounds, it's that much easier on my knees/back, etc. For the physical comfort factor alone, eating right is so worth it! And that's not even including the constant energy I have when I eat right and eliminate the sugar and high carb foods. I love your menu so far. And it's working so you can't ask for more than that.

Well, back to more organizing. I have to get the house ready to lock it down for a week. Have a great week!

200/173/155
5' 9" F 38
S 09/03/07
Restarted April 27/09
203/187.6/155

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:35 pm 

Hey Shauna! Have a wonderful vacation! It sounds like soooo much fun! Lucky you!
Kinda bittersweet, ... your son leaving, yet a vacation out of the deal. Don't get sun burned!

I worked really hard at work tonight. Hope I wore off a little more weight. Blood sugar is doing pretty well.
I'm going to ask my boss if I can take an exercise bike to work and keep it out on the patio for us to ride when we're on our breaks. I have a waterproof cover to keep it covered with when we're not riding it. I think it would be good for all the employees.

Thanks for the encouraging words Shauna. It really makes a person feel good that their efforts are paying off and noted by others. I'm excited about this now, and hope I stay that way. Like you said, a few more weeks and I'll have more off, and be healthier. I haven't said anything to anyone except a couple close people, so I'm waiting to see how much I lose before anyone notices.
Have a great week! .....

HT; 5'3", Age; 65.
clothes SZ. = 22-24, 3X

Post subject: Sunday, 8-2-09
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:14 am 

Good morning! This must be a busy weekend for everyone. I hope you're all doing well. Amanda, are you still jogging?

Zippedeedooda, zippedeeayyyy, my oh my what a wonderful day! I'm pumped this morning! My BS was up a bit this morning, but I know why. I have that dawn phenomenon, but I also had my Activia and walnuts last night at 11:50 PM because I forgot to take it along to work and have it with my supper. But, even so, it wasn't REAL high, (138) AND, ...... my scales said I was down another pound this morning! I'm hugging myself! Ha! I really got a workout at work last night too, so I'm sure that helped. I've been drinking lots of water too. Best thing for the body, by gosh!
I had forgotten my stir fry for supper last night, and LUCKILY there was some defrosted ground beef, seasoned and everything, left over from the night before, so I had a double bun-less cheeseburger for supper last night.
This morning I had some corned beef deli meat with a couple oz. of swiss and colby cheese rolled up in it with coffee.

Don't know if I'll have any lunch or not. It may be too late by the time I get hungry so I may just wait and eat supper at work, which will be my stirfry, and if I DO have a lunch it will be a little cottage cheese and some cantaloupe.

So far, my knee is holding up.
Let's hope today is as good as yesterday, More later, .....

HT; 5'3", Age; 65.
clothes SZ. = 22-24, 3X

Post subject: Monday, 8-3-09
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:29 am 

Nobody here yet? HMMMMMMM, ...... :es_lenny_hey:
I guess everyone isn't as gabby as I am. :P
I hope all goes well for everyone, as usual.

Well, this morning I had good news and not so good news. My Fasting BS was up AGAIN this morning, (148) and I ate NOTHING after supper last night and worked very hard last night. I don't feel sick so I don't think there is any infection going on or anything.
We'll see how things go over the next day or so.

On a GOOD note, ..... the scales said 240 this morning! Yeeeehaaaa!!! That's 10 pounds down, lost, gone forever! But, I have to wait till Saturday to make it official. Seems like a long time, but it's only 5 days. Geesh!

For lunch yesterday I had my Activia and some walnuts. Supper last night was chicken stirfry.
Breakfast this morning was an omelet of 2 eggs, skim milk, sausage, spinach and cheese with a cup of coffee.
I have 2 whole days off work now! .....

HT; 5'3", Age; 65.
clothes SZ. = 22-24, 3X

Post subject: Tuesday, 8-4-09
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:09 am 

:es_dagnabit: Where IS everyone? I hope all are well. I got hooked on the posts and now it has all stopped, .... I guess I'll just keep my journal up and check back here every once in a while, ....

Anyway, ..... I woke up early (4:22 AM) this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I finally got up at 5:30.

B S was 142 fasting. I was taking 4 of the Metformin ER and cut it down to 2 (original dose) because I was getting nauseated, but these fasting blood sugars are the highest of the day, so I guess I'll try going back to 4 a day and see how that works.

The scales was up a bit this morning, but I think it may be a bit of fluid, .... salty weiners last night. It was wavering between 241 and 242.

Breakfast was an omelet again, ... eggs, sausage, swiss cheese, roma tomato and spinach with a cup of coffee.

I want to ride my bike today but it looks like rain soon. If it rains before I'm able to leave the house, (intestinal issues) then I'll go to the Senior Friendship center and use the Wellness Center equipment. I need to get out of this house for a while. .....

HT; 5'3", Age; 65.
clothes SZ. = 22-24, 3X

Post subject: Re: Carb Addicts Diet?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:52 pm 

Is anybody out there???

230 / 230 / 160

1st goal - ONEderland by July 13, 2009 - Weight 202. Not there yet.

TO READ MY JOGGING BLOG PLEASE CLICK THE WEBSITE (WWW) BUTTON BELOW:

Post subject: Re: Carb Addicts Diet?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:19 pm 
Frequent Contributor

Not so much on weekends.

Try again on Monday.

We are much smaller group than we used to be, though. Fewer posts.

234.5/*219.2/212/149 (Low was 168.5) 64, 5"1"
DH 221/*211/205/?? 66, 5'10"
* As of 7/1/2011, we first started 8/23/03

"What would Jimmy Buffet Do?"
Search for "gooch47" to view my videos on www.youtube.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6